Keeping yourself organized during a move is crucial. As you pack your items, making sure to think critically about everything you are bringing with you and deciding what is important to you will save you time and stress in the long run.
Even if you have already moved and started to unpack, you may find things that you thought you would want in your new home, but ultimately are now deciding against it. Whatever your circumstances may be, here at Mountain Moving & Storage, we can help you with your unwanted items by shipping, recycling, donating, selling or properly disposing of your items for you.
Tacoma, Washington Decluttering Services
With over 20 years of experience in the moving and storage industry, we understand the ins and outs of a move. One important step is decluttering. With our services, we make decluttering your home quick and easy, by taking care of getting rid of all of your unwanted items for you.
We can take care of your unwanted items by:
- Shipping: If a friend or family member wants to take your items off your hands, we can get the items to their new owner, quickly and safely.
- Donating: If the item is still in good condition and you do not wish to sell it, we can take the item to a donation facility.
- Recycling: Have a bunch of moving boxes lying around post-move? We can take those off your hands and recycle them for you.
- Selling: If you wish to get rid of an item but are looking to get some money back from it, we offer to make arrangements with local consignment shops to sell your item for you.
- Disposal: If the item is unable to be sold or donating, we take care of properly disposing of it.
If you are not looking to get rid of your items, but still need somewhere to store them beside your home, we have warehouse storage services available as well. We can keep your items safe, for short-term or long-term, in our secure, climate-controlled, 51,000 sq ft warehouse storage facility.
If you are looking to declutter your house, it may seem like a daunting task. If you don’t know where to start in your decluttering process, here are a few tips to keep you organized:
- Go Room by Room: To make the task not seem so overwhelming, divide up the rooms in your home. Start with somewhere like your living room or laundry room and go through everything in that room. Decide what stays and what goes. Leave nothing untouched. Look at your coffee table, kitchen counter, medicine cabinet and everywhere in between.
- Organize as you go: As you start to declutter, take the time to organize the things you wish to stay in your home for a clean and organized space. This is key in places like storage spaces where clutter can build up fast. Also, take this as an opportunity to deep clean your space and get to areas you don’t normally get to.
- Hire a Professional Organizer: If you struggle with organization, it may be helpful to hire someone for organization services. A professional home organizer will help you put your items away in a way that makes sense for you after your decluttering session.
- Mark Where it Goes: Buy a set of colored stickers to place on each unwanted item to denote where it goes.
Whether you are looking to declutter your home or office, these tips can help you to set yourself up for success in the long run after you decide to declutter your space. Once you get all of your items organized, call Mountain Moving & Storage to take care of the removal of your unwanted items.
Decluttering Services in Tacoma, Washington
If you are interested in working with Mountain Moving & Storage for your decluttering needs, get in contact with one of our representatives today by giving us a call at (800) 249-2414 or fill out our contact form.