Long Distance Movers Seattle
Moving across state lines is a daunting task and can be complicated for those that have zero to little experience moving long distances. There’s quite a bit that needs to be arranged and planned, so it’s easy to be left feeling overwhelmed.
That’s why it’s important for us here at Mountain Moving & Storage to ensure you’re not handling it all by yourself. Since 1996, our moving and storage company has been using their years of experience and available resources to help you achieve a successful relocation without any hiccups along the way.
Our professional movers are put through rigorous training and we equip them with the proper equipment to safely handle any type of relocation. So, if you’re in need of experienced and reputable long-distance movers in Seattle, look no further than Mountain Moving & Storage.
Long-Distance Moving Services
When choosing a Seattle out-of-state moving company, it’s imperative to work with experts that can handle all your relocation needs, regardless of the size or complexity. That’s why our nationwide moving services are perfect to ensure an easy transition to your new home or office. Mountain Moving & Storage is proud to be an interstate agent for Stevens Worldwide Van Lines. This means, we can give you access to an incredibly large moving and storage network of over 500 agents so we can get you moved anywhere.
Mountain Moving & Storage offers all the comprehensive moving services and benefits you need for a successful relocation, including:
- Professional Moving Crews
- Quality Moving Boxes and Packing Materials
- Specialized Appliance and Furniture Moving
- Crating for Antiques and Fine Art
- Shipping of Cars and Motorcycles
Long-Distance Packing & Unpacking Services
Besides moving your belongings, Mountain Moving & Storage has professionally trained packers than can help pack, unpack, or crate all or some of your items. Speak with our moving representative who will explain the number of boxes required and the amount of packing materials needed for your upcoming long-distance move.
We can help you with packing solutions such as:
- Full-service packing of all items.
- Partial or no packing necessary.
- Crating and/or packing of high-value items.
No matter the services you require, it’s important to know that long-distance moves require special authority to transport its customers’ items from one state to another. Because Mountain Moving & Storage is a part of the Stevens Worldwide Van Lines network, you can be sure that your long-distance move is backed by certified and capable minds.
Long-Distance Moving FAQs
- What’s a long-distance move exactly?
- The definition of a long-distance move includes the simple act of bringing one’s belongings across the state — even if they cross back into their state of origin. Be sure to check with your company before signing your contract to see whether state lines will need to be crossed.
- How do I get an estimate?
- If you require an estimate before you choose a mover, visit our estimate form, or call us right now at (253) 581-2414.
- How much does a long-distance move cost?
- Depending on the size of your home or office and the number of additional services you select, the cost of your move will vary.
- How long can I expect my long-distance move to take?
- The length of time a long-distance move will take will depend on a variety of factors including, the distance of your move, the company you hire, and the time of year you decide to relocate.
- What information should I receive from my mover before I move?
- When hiring a moving company, you should receive a copy of the order for service for your shipment. This important document is typically attached to your bill of lading and includes moving estimate details, pickup and delivery dates, and any special services needed.
How to Find the Right Long-Distance Movers
Remember, it’s not about choosing the best “long distance movers near me”, it’s about choosing the best ones for your situation.
- Get referrals and plenty of estimates: Reach out to friends and family for their picks and collect three or more estimates to compare with each other.
- Watch out for red flags like: If the mover you’ve chosen doesn’t agree to an onsite or offsite, virtual inspection and does it over the phone (non-virtually), move on.
- Check with the BBB and research their online reputation: Research your company. If they’re a new business, help ‘em out by being their first customer! Otherwise, they should be accredited with the BBB and have a B+ rating or better. Additionally, check out how they handle both positive and negative feedback via their Google or Yelp reviews page.
- Ask questions: Don’t be afraid to ask your chosen mover if they’re licensed and insured, which areas they serve or what kind of equipment they use to handle a move.
Tips on Preparing for a Successful Long-Distance Move
Before you’re ready to move, run through a few tasks to complete to make it easier on our movers and yourself come moving day:
- Declutter: Get rid of any unnecessary junk. Sorting through those piles before moving day can be lengthy and exhausting but worth it. Donate or toss unwanted items a week or two before you decide to move.
- Itemize, organize, and prioritize: Once the non-essentials are out of the way, prepare specific categories for your items that are either: (A) being moved on our truck, (B) being stored at our warehouse storage, or (C) staying with you during the move.
- Out with the old and in with the new: Do a walkthrough of both your old space and new space. Take note of any pre-existing damages at your new home or office. Ensure nothing is damaged at your old place during the move and do a final cleaning check before you leave.
- Update subscriptions, close accounts, and notify utilities: Anything that you have regularly mailed, change it. Go to a post office and fill out a change of address form and ensure each of your subscription services and utility offices are notified of your new address.
- Pack an essential moving kit: Right before you’re about to move out, pack an essentials kit and bring it with you or ensure it’s packed last on the moving truck. Whatever you think you may need first thing at your new place, pack it in.
Long-Distance Moving Estimate
Now that you’re prepared for a long-distance move, why not choose Mountain Moving & Storage? Having your relocation backed by an interstate agent for Stevens Worldwide Van Lines means that your move will be handled professionally and courteously.
Whether you need full-service moving and storage solutions, or you just need a bit of furniture rearranged or stored, Mountain Moving & Storage can handle it all.
Give us a call at (253) 581-2414 or fill out our free estimate form today.